‘Thank You’ to our Friends – and How to Join Them!
The coronavirus pandemic has affected everyone and hit amateur singing particularly. So a huge ‘thank you’ to all our current Friends who have continued to support the choir through this very difficult period – it is with great excitement that the Joyful Company of Singers returns to rehearsing in person and performing again in public for our 2021/22 Season and beyond.
The best way to help us return even more strongly from the pandemic is to become a Friend – if you are not already one!
Friends support us both with donations and as audience members. Friends also support our Youth Fund which provides a bursary for a young conductor to work with us and be coached by our founder-director, Peter Broadbent, one of Britain’s leading choral conductors.
The Friends Scheme
We are now offering improved benefits in the Friends Scheme to all who donate regularly a minimum £5 monthly/£60 annually per person – larger amounts are most welcome, of course!
Friends will receive all these benefits:
- 10% discount on unlimited tickets to all JCS own-promotion events
- Any discount that can be negotiated for JCS concerts promoted by others
- 25% discount on our streamed concerts, as and when these are programmed
- to pre-concert ‘Meet the Musicians’ talks and complimentary Friends’ receptions at all JCS own-promotions (talks will be open to all audience members)
- to take part in JCS ‘Come and Sing’ days at discounted rates
- to travel with the choir on tours (though at your own expense, we have to say!)
There will be a Friends table at all our own concerts, and you will be sent a periodic newsletter and – coming soon – access to a new password-protected Friends page on the JCS website which will include choir news and JCS copyright audio recordings.
- A free copy of our ‘Sing Joyfully’ CD on becoming a Friend
- Coming soon – free access to JCS audio files on a new Friends website page
- Discounts on new JCS CDs and archive CDs from our stocks
How to join
If you would like to become a Friend, please follow Steps 1 to 3 below.
Step 1. Please complete the online registration form below
*If you have any issues completing this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help
Step 2. Make a regular donation
- either online via our Just Giving webpage, selecting £5 or more per person per month
- or by creating an annual or monthly Standing Order – let us know at Step 1 and we will send you our Standing Order form
- or by BACS transfer – let us know at Step 1 and we will send you our account details.
NB – Please donate £5 or more per person per month/£60 or more per person per year. Existing Friends donating £60 or more annually by Standing Order do not need to re-register.
All our Friends are listed in the programmes for our own-promotion performances, unless you prefer to remain anonymous.
Making the most of your support
In most cases, Friends’ donations and any other gifts to JCS from UK taxpayers are eligible for Gift Aid, as we are a registered charity (Number 1057257). A Gift Aid declaration is available through a ‘tick box’ on our Just Giving page or at Step 3 below.
Gift Aid means that we can claim back from the Government 25p for every £1 donated. Higher rate taxpayers can claim the donation as a charitable contribution to offset against tax in their tax returns.